Sunday, November 27, 2005

Send your thoughts to joteyza@verizon.net

Wouldn't it be nice to hear someone say..." Yeah, I'm putting in a Filipino garden in my backyard" instead of a Japanese garden? Is it time for us to work on our identity? I know we are not known for being the most original , but we can be the best immitators. I remember growing up with our own versions of Elvis, Perry Como, Vic Damone, Beatles, Neil Sedaka. We even had Rene Ibanez as the singing cowboy. What can we do to set us apart? Maybe we can tell by the way we frame our paintings...I notice we don't pay too much attention to presentation.
What do you think?

Maybe I'm I'm looking at it the wrong way. Maybe should it be...."Art made by Filipinos?"
Take the Guitaround, for example (www.guitaround.com) a musical instrument invented by a Filipino, but you can't tell by looking at it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Photography said...

nice blog. just passing by. thanks

8:45 AM  
Blogger Photography said...

read your comment in my blog too. thanks kakabayan. hope you'll be able to visit the philippines next year. thanks.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home